View photos of our last departure on Facebook
Friday – London to Ieper (Ypres)
- Morning EUROSTAR London – Lille
- Travel by minibus to Belgium via battlefields
- Afternoon arrival to Ypres, check in to central hotel
- Free time to pick up some frites & mayonnaise, shop for Belgian chocolate, or sample a Belgian beer in one of the local cafés
- Attend famous Last Post Ceremony at Menin Gate
- Messines Ridge, the first great allied offensive of 1917
- New Zealand Memorial & panoramic view of front line
- Evening Introduction to Belgian beers at a local Ypres bar
Saturday – Ypres Battlefields and Flanders Brewers
- Hill 60 – scene of intense tunnelling warfare
- Tyne Cot – largest Commonwealth Cemetery in the world
- Passendale Ridge
- Site of John McCrae’s famous poem ‘In Flanders Fields’
- Abbey of St Sixtus, Westvleteren – Trappist monks produce 3 beers which can only be sampled here at In De Vrede cafe. Westvleteren 12 was once voted the best beer in the world by Ratebeer.com.
- De Struise Brouwers, Oostvleteren – These are considered to be the most radical and progressive of Flemish brewers. This is the only place in the world where all of these beers can be sampled together.
- Brasserie Kazematten, Ypres – investigate this brand new brewery, bar and restaurant which is built into the ancient cellars of the town.
Sunday – Last Calls and London
- After a lie in or early morning stroll we visit the moving site of the German cemetery at Langemarck
- Canadian Memorial at Vancouver Corner – marking the first gas attack
- Visit the eccentric, family run De Dolle Brouwers – quirky brewery tour included
- Leisurely sample of De Dolle’s finest in their on-site café or make a final purchase for the road
Depart for Lille and Eurostar to London
Return Eurostar ticket
Specialist Battlefields and European Tour Director
Comfortable mini bus with professional driver
Central hotel and all breakfasts
Local recommendations including bespoke beer guide
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
Beer, lunches & dinners
Personal travel insurance, it’s recommended that you have some
PRICE: this is dependent on numbers in the group
A full minibus with 15 passengers typically costs between £ 375 – 400 per person where travel arrangements are made well in advance. We can also quote for much smaller groups as required.
A single supplement fee of £50 per person applies for single hotel accommodation.
A non-refundable deposit of £100 per person is due on booking. Full payment is due two months before departure. Unfortunately, refunds cannot be issued after full payment has been taken, however you may change the names of those attending in your group.