Islay is a remote Scottish island in the southern Hebrides. It has nine, yes nine, whisky distilleries and produces two types of gin. Its small population of 3,000 people live and breathe whisky. They are some of the friendliest and most welcoming people on the planet. Islay is a world away from mass-tourism; it has wonderful beaches, the freshest seafood, both modern and traditional spirit production methods, and of course, hairy coos. We stay in premium accommodation and we taste premium gin and whiskies. This trip is informative, indulgent and fun.
The following Trip Highlights are new to Yardarm’s Gin & Whisky Social 2019 :
- Bruichladdich Gin Experience : ’The Botanist’ dry gin event will make you fall in love with Islay and with Bruichladdich distillery forever.
- Bunnahabhain Warehouse 9 : Local legend David Brodie takes us through Bunnahabhain’s special collections with a light hearted yet informative performance.
- Ardnahoe : Islay’s 9th distillery. Brand new distillery just opened in 2019. Stunning setting overlooking the Sound of Islay. Who knows what they’ll produce. Only time will tell.
- Port Charlotte : Premium accommodation on Lochindaal – you will not want to leave.
- Drinks reception : Join us at Yardarm Cottage in Portnahaven, Islay’s most westerly point overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
25 – 28 October 2019
Download our Islay Gin & Whisky Social brochure . Hope you can join us !