Nature Wine Food
Discover Beautiful Slovenia
Slovenia is a place of dramatic scenery, delicious food and extraordinary wines. It’s hidden between Austria, Italy, Croatia and Hungary and still relatively free of mass tourism. Not for long! Now is the time to visit! Join us and enjoy these highlights:
Ljubljana, the capital. Our first evening is spent in this beautiful Baroque “Prague in miniature”.
We spend our first 2 days and nights enjoying the beautiful hills and vineyards of the Goriška Brda, a region often compared to Tuscany. Here, amongst the cherry trees and vines you will meet local winemakers and learn about Slovenia’s unique wine making heritage. Not only does this region produce white and red wine, it also specialises in a style known as orange wine. You will learn about this ancient wine-making technique as you taste these special wines. Your wine discovery will be paired with delicious food from the local region, direct from the producers.
Last but not least we’ll visit Kobarid, located in the heart of the Julian Alps. Here we focus on the incredible Soča river valley. You can join us on a couple of spectacular short, easy walks through Triglav National Park to visit river gorges, waterfalls and alpine scenery.
- Ljubljana orientation walk
- Plenty of visits to high quality Slovenian wineries with included wine tastings
- All breakfasts
- Two light lunches with wine tasting
- One highlight dinner with wine tasting in a well known restaurant across the border in neighbouring Italy
- One night Ljubljana city centre hotel
- Two nights hotel in Šmartno village within the Goriška Brda wine region
- One night Kobarid village hotel situated within the Julian Alps in the Upper Soča (Isonzo) Valley
- Private minibus transportation with professional driver
What’s not included:
- Lunches and dinners unless specified above
- Your flights – EasyJet and Wizz air have good value flights to Ljubljana
Last Tour Date : 28 March – 1 April 2018 (future dates tbc)
Your tour starts on the evening of Wednesday, 28 March. We will meet briefly at our Ljubljana hotel after which you will have a free evening to explore and dine at your own pace.
We depart Ljubljana on Thursday, 29 March after an orientation tour of the city. Our first destination is Šmartno village where we will spend 2 nights in the Goriška Brda wine region. On Saturday, 30 April, after significant enjoyment of the food and wine of this region we will depart for Kobarid in the Julian Alps in the Upper Soča (Isonzo) Valley. Here we will enjoy some of the beautiful alpine scenery and take in some short scenic walks, weather permitting. Kobarid hosts several bars, cafes and restaurants to quench our thirsts on our final evening.
On Sunday, 1 April we will return to Ljubljana, making some scenic stops along the way. We will drop off at Ljubljana airport at 2:30 pm and make a second drop off in Ljubljana centre for those with later flights. Should you wish to stay an extra night and return home on Easter Monday, 2 April we can help you book an additional night hotel if required.
£ 675 per person (single supplement £25 per person)