An indulgent weekend of food and wine tasting
Portugal is best known for its world class port, yet it also produces some of Europe’s best quality wines. Porto is the home of port whilst the Douro Valley hosts some of Portugal’s top class vineyards and winemakers. You’ll visit both, taste a variety of port and wine styles from some of the best quality producers and enjoy the stunning scenery along the way.
You’ll also find fantastic food in the Douro. On this tour we include some great local food and one very special lunch in a famous riverside restaurant. Each evening you’ll have free time to explore, taste and dine at your own pace.
- Port tasting at a traditional Porto warehouse
- Portuguese wine tasting at a small, independent Porto wine bar
- Plenty of visits to high quality Douro Valley Quintas with included port and wine tasting
- One night Porto city centre hotel, virtually on the banks of the Douro
- Two nights staying in modern accommodation at a local riverside winery, with included port and wine tasting and within walking distance to the centre of Pinhão
- Scenic train journey (2.5 hrs) along the Douro Valley
- Private rabelo boat cruise on the Douro
- All breakfasts
- Two lunches with wine, in vineyard settings and one special tasting lunch with wine pairing on the banks of the Douro
- Free evenings to explore and dine independently, or join us for a group meal if you prefer
- Airport transfer from Pinhão to Porto airport on Sunday afternoon
What’s not included:
- Dinners each evening are at your own expense; we provide suggestions on where to go – eating in Portugal is very good value
- Your flights – Easyjet, Ryanair, TAP and BA are all inexpensive
2017 details (future dates tbc):
9 – 12 March 2017
Your tour starts at 15:00 on Thursday, 9 March at our Porto hotel. You will need to arrange your own flights and taxi (25 mins) or metro (40 mins) transfer from the airport to our Porto hotel.
Your tour ends at Porto airport on Sunday, 12 March at 16:00. You should book a flight that departs Porto airport no earlier than 18:00. If you need to book an earlier flight please tell us so we can provide some information on your private transfer options. All other transportation requirements for the duration of the tour are included.
£ 540 per person (single supplement £ 85 per person)